Armie Hammer isn’t working as a hotel concierge in the Caymans — but his friends fooled the internet into believing he is

  • On Wednesday, a flyer claiming Armie Hammer is working as a hotel concierge went viral.
  • According to an employee at Morritt’s Resort in the Caymans, the flyer is an elaborate prank.

Armie Hammer’s friends tricked the internet into thinking the embattled actor is working in a hotel in the Cayman Islandsaccording to a Variety report.

A fake flyer went viral on Wednesday after Muna Mire, a segment producer for the Showtime talk show “Desus & Mero,” tweeted a poster that featured a picture of the “Death on the Nile” actor and claimed Hammer was now working as a hotel concierge at the Morritt’s Resort in Grand Cayman.

The now-deleted tweet read: “My friend’s parents went on vacation in the Cayman Islands and Armie Hammer was their concierge.”

However, a lawyer for Hammer, Andrew Brettler, and an unnamed staff member at the hotel, told Variety that the flyer is fake.

The staff member, who said he has worked at the Morritt’s Resort for 12 years, told Variety that the flyer was sent to a few rooms at the resort as a prank by some of the staff who play golf with Hammer. Hammer, who grew up visiting the Caymans, is actually a guest at the hotel, according to the employee.

The employee said that the prank received a lot of attention and now he is getting more incoming calls than ever before. He added he could “only dream of this sort of publicity.”

Armie Hammer left four acting projects after the claims.Getty Images

Insider has reached out to representatives of Morritt’s Resort for additional comment.

Hammer fell from grace at the beginning of 2021 following claims of sexual assault and NSFW direct messages emerged that involved discussions of cannibalism. A woman, who identified herself as “Effie,” the accused actor of physically and sexually abusing her over the course of a four-year relationship, Insider reported.

After the controversy broke, Hammer dropped out of two projects, the Jennifer Lopez rom-com “Shotgun Wedding,” and the Paramount+ TV series, “The Offer.” In the months that followed, Hammer was dropped by his talent agency, WME, and his personal publicist, and cut from two more acting gigs.

The Los Angeles Police Department announced in March 2021 that it was investigating the allegation of rape against Hammer. Hammer’s lawyer, Brettler, denied the allegations at the time in a statement provided to Insider.

“Effie’s ownence with Mr. Hammer negatives and refutes her outrageous allegations,” Brettler said in the statement.

In June last year, Vanity Fair reported that the “Call Me By Your Name” actor had checked into an in-patient facility for drug, alcohol, and sex issues. His lawyer told Insider in December that Hammer had left the facility.

Hammer’s last movie appearance was in “Death on the Nile,” which was released earlier this year, but wrapped production before the claims against him emerged.

.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.